Thursday, February 18, 2010


Interviewer: Do you identify with a particular religion?
Obviously Hinduism, but you’ve also studied Ti b e t a n
Buddhism and you were a born-again Christian.

Bhagavan Das: I identify with love, I identify with attention, with consciousness,
with awareness. There’s only one religion, and that’s compassion. I love
Hinduism, I love Buddhism, I love Jesus, I have a lot of connections.
Buddhism is probably the best bet for most people because it’s not a
religion, it’s a science. Science is good, because people don’t have to
believe anything.


Interviewer: Yet you say that the nature of the true self is bliss.

Bhagavan Das: But you see, you have to discover that. It’s not a concept. It’s
like, back off from the drama and just be still. Get up early in the
morning and sit for 15 minutes; just look at what we think is real.
Where is our self? Who is our self? My self changes all the time; I
don’t know who I am. We just flow into whatever the thing is. I
mean, what do you identify with? The yoga thing is good, we all
need something to keep us in a satsang, an association of like-minded
souls. So we go to the center and do yoga and hang out with people
who are working on themselves.


COME TOMORROW AND KEEP YOURSELF IN A SATSANG ----

Mindful Music and Sangha Social at
AGAINST The Stream Buddhist Society

Mindful Music and Sangha Social


Date:
Friday, February 19, 2010
Time:
7:30pm - 10:00pm
Location:
Against The Stream Buddhist Society
Street:
4300 Melrose Ave.
City/Town:
Los Angeles, CA




Description:
An evening of sitting meditation to various kinds of music and chanting. Followed by fun food and a sangha social!

Om Mane Padme Hum Chanting with George Haas

Kirtan with Rick Colella (Harmonium and Vocals)

Large Gongs with Andy Sykora

Sommerset Waters - Solo Cello performance

No comments:

Post a Comment